Kyle Leo's Outdoor Milestones
Hikes and Peaks Bagged
- Sandstone Peak (3111 feet), Santa Monica Mountains, 3 miles roundtrip,
August 5, 2006.
- Ryan Mountain
(5461 feet), Joshua Tree, 3 miles roundtrip, November 12, 2006.
- Angels Landing (5790
feet), Zion, 5 miles roundtrip, March 25, 2007.
- Rocky Peak #2 (~2700
feet), Santa Susanna Mountains, 5.5 miles roundtrip, May 6, 2007.
- Sentinel Dome (8122
feet), Yosemite, 3 miles roundtrip, May 20, 2007.
- Strawberry Peak
secondary peak (5445 feet), San Gabriel Mountains, 5 miles roundtrip, June
- North Fork of Lone
Pine Creek (to about 9700 feet), Sierra Nevada Mountains, 3(?) miles
roundtrip, June 26, 2007.
Current high point: Vail Pass, Colorado (10,666 feet, by car) [background photo]
- Planet of the Apes Wall
(backside)(3rd class, unroped), Malibu Creek, October 21 and 22, 2006
- Wandering Tortoise
(variation)(5.3?), Joshua Tree, November 11, 2006 (climbed partway)
- Unnamed Gully (5.1),
Swan Slab, Yosemite, May 22, 2007
- May 27, 2007: First attempt to ride without training wheels (Westwood
- May 28, 2007: Able to cycle fairly well without training wheels
- June 23, 2007: Able to cycle pretty much indefinitely. Picked his
own paths in the park including a loop with sharp corners. First time
riding on the sidewalk. Discovers coasting on his own. Can slow
himself down using brakes (backpedaling). Can stop for the most part
without falling. Cannot start under own power yet. (Westwood
- July 25, 2007: First time ice skating, at the Lloyd
Center Ice Rink in Portland, Oregon. Able to skate slowly on his
- December 23, 2007: Purchased first inline skates (K2 Raider). Able
to skate slowly, stop, turn, and get up from the ground.
- January 2, 2008: First time rollerblading outside the garage area.
Skated along the sidewalk to Westwood Park (with help on bumps and crossing
streets) and then skated a circuit a few times in the park. Able to
control speed by braking down hills. Better at falling correctly.